The situation has caused me to pause, to consider what I really want in a church. Bottom line, I desire:
1. a church that is Trinitarian,
2. a church that is subordinate to Scripture,
3. a church that is orthodox--as defined by subscription to the Ecumenical Creeds,
4. a church that is Christocentric,
5. a church that is scripturally anthropocentric,
6. a church that is evangelistic,
7. and a church that is ecumenical.
In other words, plan A, I am looking for a basic biblical congregation. I am not sure what plan B will be, but I'm sure it won't be pretty; I live in post-Christian, postmodern western Massachusetts. Nevertheless, perhaps God will lead me to an ecclesiastical oasis in this religious desert. I pray it's so. Pray for me if you would, and thank you.